Thursday, February 6, 2014

Choreography Review After a Day Off

The show is officially postponed to the weekend of February 28th,  March 1st, and March 2nd. As much as I was looking forward to seeing the kids perform this weekend, we could use the extra rehearsal time. These next few weeks will also allow Ms. Miller and I to do some more publicity.

Due to the snow day and the postponement announcement, rehearsal was a bit more relaxed. Now that some of the pressure is off, the students can really focus on their lines, lyrics, and choreography without the stress of a looming opening night.

Chelsea and Lila ran musical numbers today and I worked specifically with the Guards on "The Ballad of Farquaad." Because there was some confusion about the choreography, I reviewed the dance step-by-step and made sure that everyone was on the same page. As associate producer, I have mostly dealt with tasks that do not directly involve what is happening on stage. Therefore, I was happy to act as a sort of assistant choreographer and connect with the actors on a more personal level. I have tried to become familiar with all aspects of the show and was eager to lend a hand to choreography for a change!




No comments:

Post a Comment